This week we talked to the Minnesota National Guards first female general and welcome the Minnesota Wild as a new Yellow Ribbon Company. We also get an update from County Veterans Service Officer Jason Marquardt. Guests include:
This week we talk with Lt. Col Barry Bridger, a Vietnam POW who spent 6 years in the infamous Hanoi Hilton. Capt Bridger began flying combat missions during his first regular tour of duty in Southeast Asia with the 497th Tactical Fighter Squadron at Ubon Royal Thai AFB, Thailand, in late 1966. He was forced to eject over North Vietnam on January 23, 1967, and was taken as a Prisoner of War. After spending 2,232 days in captivity, he was released during Operation Homecoming on March 4, 1973, and was hospitalized for his injuries at Andrews AFB, Maryland.
This week, we’ll get an update on the expanding use of Veterans courts across the states and hear from Minnesota’s Airmen of the year. Guests include:
- Pete Orput & Jeff Peterson Washington County
- Air Force Master Sergeants Jessica Todd and Ryan Fenton and Tech. Sgt. Ashlee Ingvalson of the Minnesota National Guard’s 133rd Airlift Wing
This week we’ll talk to the new Minnesota National Guard Air Force Surgeon General, find out about a local Airman’s volunteering efforts to Hurricane Sandy and another great service for Veterans. Guests include:
- Minnesota Air Force Surgeon General Dr. (Col.) David Hamlar
- TSgt. Rebecca Tongen, 133rd Airlift Wing
- Tony Tengwall of Wounded Warriors Guide Service
This week we learn about the Vietnam Veterans of America Minnesota State Council and we hear about the recent deployment of the 148th Fighter Wing, Minnesota National Guards latest deployment.