With nearly 370,000 veterans and tens of thousands of guard and reserve troops, Minnesota is a state committed to supporting our friends and neighbors who serve and their families. Minnesota Military Radio is a reflection of that commitment.
With a team of producers from the Minnesota National Guard, Department of Veterans Affairs, and Minneapolis V.A., volunteer host and Vietnam veteran Tom Lyons strives to inform and entertain listeners in this weekly syndicated radio show and podcast.
Through captivating, historic interviews with veterans of all eras, we also endeavor to preserve their stories of heroism before they are forgotten.
On a Station Near You
Twin Cities News Talk and iHeart Media Minneapolis generously donate studio and staff time, technical expertise and the equipment needed to produce the show both in-studio and live from more than 6,700 miles away with members of our armed forces deployed to the Middle-East. Even with this considerable investment, iHeart Media Minneapolis continues to offer the show free of charge to stations throughout Minnesota. Please feel free to listen to our demo, take a look at our clock, one sheeter and contact us to find out more. You may be surprised to know how many veterans are in your area.
Schedule & Coverage Map
- Twin Cites News/Talk AM 1130 – Sunday @ 0700
- Our Country WyRQ 92.1 (Little Falls) – Sunday @ 0700
- AM 960 KLTF (Little Falls) – Sunday @ 1200
- AM 1320 KOZY (Grand Rapids) – Sunday @ 0600
- 106.1 BOB FM (Ramsey) – Saturday @ 0630
- KLFD AM 1410 (Litchfield) – Sunday @ 1500
- KXRA 1490 AM (Alexandria) – Sunday @ 1300
- News Channel KPMI 1300 AM (Bemidji) – Sunday @ 1200
- KCHK AM 1350 (New Prague) – Saturday @ 0600
- KRDS 95.5 FM (New Prague) – Saturday @ 0600
- KDWA AM 1460 (Hastings) – Sunday @1200
- KDMA AM 1460 (Montevideo) – Sunday @ 1200
- KRUE AM 1170 (Owatonna/Waseca) – Saturday @ 0600
- KLGR AM 1490/FM 95.9 (Redwood Falls) – Saturday @ 1100
- KWLM AM 1340/FM 96.3 (Willmar) – Saturday @ 1800
- KAUS AM 1480 (Austin) – Sundays @ 1800
- KATE AM 1450 (Albert Lea) – Sundays @ 1200
- AM 1190 KKOJ (Jackson) – Sundays @1500
- AM 800 KQAD (Luverne) – Saturdays @ 0900
- KLOH 1050 AM (Pipestone) – Sundays @ 1730
- WDSM AM 710 (Duluth/Superior) – Sundays @ 0900
- KDDG-FM 105.5 (Albany) – Saturdays @ 0630
- KROC AM 1340 (Rochester) – Sundays @ 0730
We thrive off your ideas! If you know a story that needs to be told, please tell us. If we aren’t on your favorite radio station yet, ask to get the show. It’s free!
We are the proud recipients of a 2015 AVA Digital Gold Award, a 2014 Northern Lights Award of Excellence and Gold MarCom, a 2013 Platinum Hermes Award and Gold Hermes Award, two 2012 Gold MarCom Awards and a Gold Hermes Award as well as the ‘Best Radio Information Program’ in the 2011 & 2012 Army National Guard Media Contests.