This week the Adjutant General of the Minnesota National Guard, Maj. Gen. Rick Nash, and the Deputy Commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, Reggie Worlds, join us to talk about the accomplishments of 2012 and what we can look forward to in 2013. Ernie Johnson of the Minnesota Patriot Guard also fills us in on their work during the holidays.
This week, we’ll find out how six of our state’s veterans service organizations are helping during he holidays. Guests include:
- Lee Ulferts of the VFW
- Vinnie Howard of the Marine Corps League
- David Claypool of the American ExPOWs
- Don Pankake of the American Legion
- Stephen Whitehead of the Disabled American Veterans
- Mark Browne of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
This week, one year after the end of the Iraq War, we take a look back with a three tour veteran who served during the war’s beginning, surge and end. We’ll get the latest on North Korea’s rocket launch from Minnesota’s Navy Reserve, currently deployed to Japan; and we’ll hear upcoming changes to Servicemembers’ healthcare coverage and we’ll take a look back at the Iraq War one year after it’s end. Guests include:
- Army Col. Eric Kerska of the Minnesota National Guard’s 34th Red Bull Infantry Division
- Navy Capt. Richard Henderson
- Don Brown of TriWest HeathCare
- Army Command Sgt. Maj. Cindy Kallberg of the Minnesota National Guard
This week’s featured veteran is Marine Veteran Lee McClary. To connect with Lee contact the South Minneapolis WorkForce Center at 612-821-4009 or to learn more, visit: PositivelyMinnesota.com/Veterans.
This week we’ll find out how you can help the troops and their families during the holidays and we’ll hear from our friends in the Patriot Guard. Guests include:
This week we’ll discover a veteran mentorship program with Minnesota’s best companies and we’ll catch up with a Minnesota Airman just back from the Middle East. Guests include:
- Lt. Col. Terry Sieben of the Minnesota National Guard‘s 133rd Airlift Wing
- Jeff Marone of General Mills’ Veteran Mentoring Program
- Doug Bley of the Minnesota Patriot Guard
This week’s featured veteran is Marine Veteran Geraldo ‘Jerry’ Morales. Jerry is an accomplished Graphic Designer with over 10 years of creative experience. He has wide-ranging skills with expertise in project management, print production, vendor relations and marketing communications. He’s a critical thinker and effective problem-solver who works well under pressure, taking pride in the fact that he has never missed a deadline. Although he’s currently working freelance projects and working with a Veterans Service Organization as their Marketing Operations Manager, he would love the opportunity to join a company on a full-time basis where he can make a positive impact and be a valued asset.
To connect with Jerry contact the North Hennepin WorkForce Center at 763-279-4380 or to learn more, visit: PositivelyMinnesota.com/Veterans.